My Dearest Little One,
I so wish I could see the world through your eyes. Everything you see brings you joy, everyone you speak to you bring happiness to, and everything you touch- somehow- becomes better. You have the whimsy in your soul that I used to feel so closely and I am so terrified that this world will take that from you. You love deeply, like I do, and more often than not, the world just doesn't understand that.
I wish, dear tender-heart, that I could shield you from loving people like your Mama does; that I could show you not to offer everything you have to someone who will take your gems for ashes. However, I know that sometime in your life you will experience heartache. I know that someday, some boy isn't going to know what hit him, and he will break your heart. I so wish that I could hold you close and feel that pain for you....
I wish that someone had told me about loving people when I was small. I wish I had known then that people are imperfect and that when you create a space in your heart that's bigger than they can fill that you're the one that ends up with the empty spaces, not them. Or, when you give someone more love than they can handle, that all of your love just ends up spilling out on the floor sticking to strangers soles like bubblegum.
I wish that I was a better role model for you... that I was wiser in choosing who I've tried to give my heart to. I wish I was the kind of woman that the kind of man you deserve to be your Daddy, would fall madly in love with.
No comments:
Post a Comment